Scripture: Isaiah 38:19 The living, the living—they praise you, as I am doing today; parents tell their children about your faithfulness.
Devotional: Here’s another example of how you produce godly offspring: worship with your kids and tell them how God has been faithful in your life. You may not feel like you have a powerful story, but you do have a story.
- How did you come to know Christ?
- What difference has He made in your life?
- What hopes do you have as you seek to grow in Him?
- What areas are you doing your best to surrender to Him?
- How do you want Him to transform your life?
These are all great ongoing conversations to have with your kids. Be willing to be a bit vulnerable and transparent with them. And encourage them to share these things with you in the various seasons of their lives.
Raising godly children is a process, not a science. Be real about the challenges and joys of faith. And don’t be afraid of their hard questions. Wrestle with them together and seek God’s Word for answers.
You’ll be glad you did.
- Take some time this week to have an authentic conversation with your kid(s) about your faith story- and theirs.